了不起的盖茨比(关于盖茨比的种种流言)

at 3年前  ca 了不起的盖茨比英文原文  pv 1397  by 名著  

“I’ve done some nice things out on Long Island,” asserted Mr. McKee.

     "我在长岛那边拍过几张好的。"麦基光生断言。

  Tom looked at him blankly.

    汤姆茫然地看看他。

  “Two of them we have framed down-stairs.”

     "有两幅我们配了镜框挂在楼下。"

  “Two what?” demanded Tom.

     "两幅什么?"汤姆追问。

  “Two studies. One of them I call MONTAUK POINT—THE GULLS, and the other I call MONTAUK POINT—THE SEA.”

     "两幅习作。其中一幅我称之为《蒙涛角--海鸥》,另一幅叫《蒙涛角--大海》。"

  The sister Catherine sat down beside me on the couch.

    那位名叫凯瑟琳的妹妹在沙发上我的身边坐下。

  “Do you live down on Long Island, too?” she inquired.

     "你也住在长岛那边吗?"她问我。

  “I live at West Egg.”

     "我住在西卵。"

  “Really? I was down there at a party about a month ago. At a man named Gatsby’s. Do you know him?”

     "是吗?我到那儿参加过一次聚会,大约一个月以前。在一个姓盖茨比的人的家里。你认识他吗?"

  “I live next door to him.”

     "我就住在他隔壁"

  “Well, they say he’s a nephew or a cousin of Kaiser Wilhelm’s. That’s where all his money comes from.”

     "噢,人家说他是德国威廉皇帝的侄儿,或者什么别的亲戚,他的钱都是那么来的。"

  “Really?”

     "真的吗?"

  She nodded.

    她点了点头。

  “I’m scared of him. I’d hate to have him get anything on me.”

     "我害怕他。我可不愿意落到他手里。"

  This absorbing information about my neighbor was intrrupted by Mrs. McKee’s pointing suddenly at Catherine:

    关于我邻居的这段引人人胜的报道,由于麦基太太突然伸手指着凯瑟琳而被打断了。


已有0条评论
外国经典网部分资料来源于网络,如果侵犯您的权益 ,请与我们联系,邮箱:wyzwylb@qq.com
皖ICP备2021015637号-1

皖公网安备 34011102001510号

Powered By Z-BlogPHP 1.7.2